POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ze moon : Re: ze moon Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ze moon
From: scott
Date: 28 Aug 2007 09:47:25
Message: <46d4276d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Hold a black card infront of the lens (but not touching) as you press the
>> shutter, then move the card away a split second after you release the
>> shutter.  That might help.
>
> On camera bulb setting, it holds its shutter open as long as the
> shutter-release button is held pressed, irrespective of any light hitting
> the meters.

Oh I see, I had assumed you were setting the shutter time manually as
anything more than 30 seconds is going to get blurry (as you suggested).

On my camera (Canon 300D) the remote shutter release is just a stereo 2.5mm
jack, easy to pick up from electronics stores and wire up 2 simple switches
if you can solder.

I suppose another alternative would be to use some sort of clamp to hold
down the shutter button, then you can use the black card trick while
attaching it and removing it.